Imagine the luxury of taking clear vision for granted. Now, with the Visian ICL™, you are finally able to do just that. The Visian ICL™ is an implantable contact lens that works with the eye to correct vision. Unlike traditional contact lenses that go on the surface of the eye, Visian ICL™ is surgically inserted into the eye where it provides excellent quality of vision for a wide range of correction needs.
The FDA recently approved a new addition to the Visian ICL line: the Visian Toric ICL for the correction of myopia with astigmatism. This is great news for the nearly 30 percent of the population suffering from reduced vision due to astigmatism. The newly approved lens is excellent for a wide range of vision correction needs and can vastly improve quality of life for people with severe nearsightedness and astigmatism.
Quality of Vision
The Visian ICL™ offers unparalleled quality of vision, providing excellent contrast. Two unique factors help explain this superior optical performance. First, the Visian ICL™ is made of Collamer — a soft, flexible lens material that contains a small amount of collagen — making the lens extremely biocompatible for a lifetime of clear vision. Second, the lens is placed inside of the eye, where it continues to focus light accurately without any maintenance required.
The Visian ICL™ is inserted into the eye by an ophthalmologist through a small, micro incision. The lens unfolds in the eye and is positioned between the iris and the natural lens where it stays indefinitely. The procedure takes approximately 15 minutes and is performed on an outpatient basis.
Advanced lens material
The Visian ICL™ is made of Collamer, an advanced lens material that has unique properties. Collamer transmits light and reduces reflections that can interfere with vision, so you see clearly. Made of a copolymer and collagen, Collamer is also highly biocompatible. It allows the Visian ICL™ to rest quietly in position while accurately correcting vision. Collamer is the only lens material made with collagen—the best choice for a lens that is going to remain inside your body for a lifetime.
The Visian ICL™ does not alter any structures within the eye or on the cornea. If necessary, it can be removed from the eye by a simple surgical procedure.
Invisible and undetectable
You won’t be able to see the Visian ICL™ in your eye, and neither will anybody else. Exceptional quality of vision will be the only reminder that you have had 21st century vision correction.
Excellent for a wide range of vision correction needs
Extreme refractive error
Anyone seeking clear vision may be a candidate for the Visian ICL™ , including patients with extreme or special vision correction needs.
The cornea is the curved surface on the front of the eye. The Visian ICL™ does not have any effect on the cornea and may be appropriate if you have thin corneas.
Visian ICL™ does not cause or contribute to dry eyes. Is the Visian ICL™ right for you? Consult with your eye care specialist and ask about the unique advantages of the Visian ICL™. More than 40,000 patients now have this lens, and it may be just right for you.
Astigmatism and Severe Nearsightedness
Toric ICL corrects astigmatism and severe nearsightedness.
What are the advantages of the Visian ICL™?
There are many unique advantages to the Visian ICL™, including:
- Performance – Provides excellent quality of vision with predictable and stable results
- Simplicity — Inserted through a micro incision utilizing a procedure that is familiar to the surgeon. The lens is invisible to both you and observers. It requires no maintenance
- Versatility — Capable of correcting a wide range of nearsightedness and is removable if necessary
- Biocompatibility — Collamer, an exceptional lens material offering unparalleled biocompatibility
- Safety — Safe, proven procedure that is familiar to ophthalmologists. Prior to the implantation of the Visian ICL™, you will receive topical anesthetic drops. Your surgeon may also administer a sedative.First, a microscopic incision will be made where the white of your eye meets the colored part. Second, a gel-like substance will be injected into your eye and the Visian ICL™ will be inserted in front of your iris.Finally, the Visian ICL™ is carefully placed behind the iris and the gel is removed from your eye. That’s it! Because the incision made is microscopic, it will heal naturally in a very short period of time without needing any sutures. Implanting the Visian ICL™ is an outpatient procedure, and takes about 15 minutes. A few hours after the procedure you will be able to leave the clinic.
15 Minutes That Will Change Your Life.
Prior to the implantation of the Visian ICL™, you will receive topical anesthetic drops. Your surgeon may also administer a sedative.
First, a microscopic incision will be made where the white of your eye meets the colored part.
Second, a gel-like substance will be injected into your eye and the Visian ICL™ will be inserted in front of your iris.
Finally, the Visian ICL™ is carefully placed behind the iris and the gel is removed from your eye.
That’s it! Because the incision made is microscopic, it will heal naturally in a very short period of time without needing any sutures.
Implanting the Visian ICL™ is an outpatient procedure, and takes about 15 minutes. A few hours after the procedure you will be able to leave the clinic.
Implantable contact lens changing lives for patients with astigmatism
There’s a new device that’s being called a life-changer for people with astigatmtism. Read the full article here.